Monday, August 23, 2010

7 Hour Lunch

This morning I woke to a wonderful gift.... it was in my inbox.... a note from a friend of Robin from college. To quote Mary (Robin's mom), letters like this remind us that "we will never know just how many people think of her daily"... how many lives she touched and continues to touch!

I wanted to share with you my favorite memory of Robin, as it has become one of my favorite memories of college.

It was Robin's 23rd birthday. We all had classes that day. A friend of ours called me around 11 AM, and said that the plan was to take Robin to our favorite Irish Pub for a fun birthday "lunch" before classes. I dropped my books off in the classroom for my next class (I had about 2 hours until class started), and we went out for lunch.

Four of us went out and had lunch, and maybe a Guinness or two. We all danced and laughed in the empty bar. The bar tender gave us each plastic "Easter Egg" necklaces that we wore with pride. We had one of the most fun afternoons that I can remember. It was not until the sun went down that we realized how long we had been there. Time seemed irrelevant when we were with Robin. We had all missed our classes - but it was worth it. With Robin, life was the priority. Having one day to pretend that we did not have any responsibilities was something that we all needed. The consequences of playing hooky were worth it to have that one memory.

Robin laughed as they dropped me back off at school and watched me do the walk of shame back into the classroom so I could collect my books for the class that I never made it to. She helped me come up with ridiculous excuses for why I was well enough to drop my books off, but unable to make it to any class that day. Our lunch had lasted over 7 hours. It was one of those memories that my (now) fiance cherish when we think back to our favorite days in college.

We loved Robin. For as long as I live I will never forget her and how fun the world was when we were with her. I wish all of you the best. Take care.

~Lots of Love,
Kristin


Thank you so much Kristin & to all who help to keep our sweet Robin's memory alive!!!!

No comments: