Monday, November 2, 2009

Just some thoughts...


So today I was catching up on my google reader and read a post from my friend Thad. He is a friend of mine from high school. This post was a recount of the day he had a wreck. In the whole post he points out the blessings of the day. It's weird.... it just hit me hard. How it could have been different... for him....for us. I am thankful he is ok and is here to share his blessings. And rather than focusing on ever thing I wish was different for Robin.... I thought I would focus my thoughts on some blessings that surrounded us at that time.

On the day Robin died I had watched City of Angels. Even though I had seen it before and really hadn't wanted to watch such a hard subject again.....I couldn't take my eyes off. After it was over I got up feeling like I needed to make sure we made the most of EVERY moment. We spent the whole evening outside at the neighbors. Dax and I talked with our friends and laughed. I really remember feeling peaceful and happy. My leg had been in such pain that had been rare! What is wild neither one of us had our cell phones (we always do). When we went home, we got the kids in bed and said prayers. They went right to sleep (amazing for 2, 4, 7 and 7 yr olds). Then the phone rang..... the call we had been missing all night..... HE knew we needed that evening of peace and friendship....that our babies needed a good nights rest before they had to hear news that would shake their world....that Dax and I could cry together all night before telling the kids.

Although, any day I would rather read a blog post like Thad's from Robin telling of her blessings the day of the wreck....that she had walked away....how sweet it was to hug her family after.... I am confident that she was welcomed into Heaven that day.... greeted by her grandfathers, uncles, and all those that went before her.

No comments: